In the store you will find a lot of tasty granola. But what if you could make it yourself? Your own breakfast, just the way you like it. Take it with you in our Morning & Noon bowl and enjoy a delicious breakfast or snack, wherever and whenever you want.
Preparation Time: 60 minutes
Baking: 30 minutes
- 45 g unsalted butter
- 120 ml honey
- 160 g rolled oats
- 100 g rolled spelt
- 40 g wheat germ
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesam seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2/3 tsp salt
- 85 g roasted almonds
- 100 g dried fruit (raisins, chopped apricots, blackcurrants, cranberries)
- 35 g honey-puffed spelt
- 35 g honey-puffed corn
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Melt the butter and honey in a pan over a low heat. Set this mixture aside. In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, rolled spelt, wheat germ, sesame seeds, flax seeds, ground nutmeg and salt.
2) When the butter mixture cools to room temperature, toss with the dry ingredients until the dry mixture is slightly moistened. If the mixture seems dry, melt more butter and toss it in.
3) Spread the mixture in an even layer onto a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, mixing the ingredients every 10 minutes and spreading them evenly. Remove from oven, mix again and set aside to cool.
4) When cooled, in a large bowl toss the mixture with the toasted almonds, dried fruit, honey puffed spelt and honey puffed corn. Store in an airtight container. Serve with yoghurt and fresh fruit and top with local honey or apple cider syrup.
Don't want to start baking yourself? Do you already know Natalie from I Just Love Breakfast? She makes delicious Granola, delivered at your doorstep. More info: https://www.ijustlovebreakfast.be/nl/home